Saturday, August 29, 2009

vertical horizon

This year has been really hard on me, and I feel like I've been falling apart all year. Today was a mini-vacation, I'm up in Mauston for a friend's wedding reception, and staying overnight. Just sucks that I had a migraine when I got up here, and had to nap for about 3 hours to make it go away. But Jeanne was beautiful, and I finally met Gift!

I've spread myself so thin for so long, trying to please everybody. And now that I'm slowly trying to make myself happy, it doesn't feel right. I was thinking about that on the 150 mile drive up here, and that's probably how I got the migraine in the first place.

I'm so excited about tomorrow. My parents happen to be in the Dells this weekend which is super close to me, so when I check out of my hotel, I'm meeting them at the International Crane Foundation in Baraboo.

Then I'm coming back to Mauston to go to Roche-A-Cri State Park :) It looks super awesome, and I need some alone time to just hike and walk around in nature. I have to take a bunch of pictures for my Photography class outside anyway, so I just hope it doesn't rain again. After that, I'm going to Elroy to try and get some pictures of people (also for class), I love the bike trails out there. Then if the weather is okay I'm stopping at Aztalan Park by Lake Mills to take more pictures, and then coming back to Milwaukee. It should be a good day!


"By the light of the moon
She rubs her eyes,
Sits down on the bed and starts to cry--
And there's something less about her...
And I don't know what I'm supposed to do
So I sit down and I cry too,
And don't let her see.

And she says oooh
I can't take no more.
Her tears like diamonds on the floor
And her diamonds bring me down,
'Cause I can't help her now--
She's down in it;
She tried her best and now she can't win, it's
Hard to see them on the ground:
Her diamonds falling down.

She shuts out the night,
Tries to close her eyes.
If she can find daylight
She'll be all right
She'll be all right,
Just not tonight..."
-Rob Thomas, "Her Diamonds"

No comments:

Post a Comment