Saturday, September 5, 2009

feeling loved, for once in my life

Today I hung out with the one person who understands me better than I understand myself. It's been so long since we've been able to hang out, and it's been a bad few weeks, so this was really good.

Ryan loves me for who I am, not who I try to be around others. He laughs at my blonde moments and doesn't make me feel stupid afterward. He knows my good qualities, and tries to bring them out more often, and he tries to help me work on my other ones. He knows what my pet peeves are, and respects them well enough, yet is constantly pushing boundaries with me to help us both grow.

And he's still so sweet to me after all these years, that I wonder what I ever did to deserve it. Tonight he brought up (I can't believe he remembers this) our pact to get married at 30 if we're still single... it's funny because I always imagined we'd end up together, and days like today make me believe we will. But no matter what, he is my best friend and I love that boy to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment