Sunday, July 5, 2009

summerfest!

My brother & his family have been here since Thursday. You don't get much sleep with a 10 month old in the house, but sleep is overrated. A random aside: I saw a guy eat 68 hot dogs in 10 minutes today for some eating contest!!! That's disgusting, yet somehow quite an accomplishment.

The Fray and Jack's Mannequin concert tonight was amazing! JM is always fantastic. I've never seen The Fray, but Isaac's voice is just as angelic live as it is on CD. And I'm a sucker for guys who play piano, which made both concerts even better :)



"Picture you're the queen of everything
As far as the eye can see.
Under your command,
I will be your guardian
When all is crumbling--
Steady your hand;
You can never say never
..."
-The Fray, "Never Say Never"


"This room's too small, it's only getting smaller--
I'm against the wall, I'm slowly getting taller here in Wonderland.
This guilt feels so familiar and I'm home..."
-Something Corporate, "Watch the Sky"

No comments:

Post a Comment