Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Two Points for Honesty

"If that's all you will be,
You'll be a waste of time."
-Guster

I have wasted 29 years of my life, and I'm done being a waste of time. It's time to live, laugh, and let go of the toxic past that has been holding me back for so long. Despite what I've always thought, I DO deserve good things. I deserve to be happy, to feel good, to love and be loved, and to make my own path in life, despite everyone's attempts to have me follow theirs.

"I wanna be where I've never been before."
-Guster

In a way, I am now where I've never been before. Never have I been so honest with somebody, or shown my true self, over and over again, to someone. And the entire time, I have been unsure of where this is going. More unsure now, after last night, but still I am fighting my instincts and I am not running away. I know what will probably happen, which is nothing, but I need to try and fight for what I want in order to break free of my past and go for what I know I deserve. I can't believe I'd feel this way if it is supposed to amount to nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment