Saturday, March 3, 2012

living on the edge

"The best part about 'good enough' is that it's good enough."

I just came across this quote that my friend posted, and it's perfect. At least for me. I've always struggled with low self esteem, never feeling 'good enough,' and even when I think I've managed to be 'good enough,' I feel like I still have a long way to go.

I always imagined I'd have to be extraordinary for somebody to truly want me, and now I've learned that's just silly. I just found out that someone I went to high school with just died, very suddenly. I was never really "friends" with her and she was a year ahead of me, but we were in track together for years so we spent enough time together. She was a very sweet girl with a kind heart, and seemed to have her shit together at an early age. And just like that, she's gone...

I don't want to live the kind of life where I'm constantly holding myself back, waiting until I'm 'good enough,' and wondering if I deserve to be happy. I don't want to push myself to finally feel 'good enough' if I am already good enough in someone's eyes. I am good enough right now, to someone, somewhere... and that is all that really matters.

Life is just too damn short, so go after the things you want, and don't ever settle. Live. Laugh. Love. And make every moment worthwhile. RIP Natalie Walker (Nowakowski)

No comments:

Post a Comment