Sunday, February 12, 2012

Look at the stars, look how they shine for you

"So then I took my turn,
Oh what a thing to have done."
-Coldplay, "Yellow"


I am finally learning to let go of my past - or rather, to let go of the way it has been affecting me all this time. I am learning to let go of the reigns once in awhile, and actually allow for things to happen. What a difference it makes! It's not to say it isn't terrifying for someone like me who's lived "caged up" my entire life, but to be able to see the benefits immediately is EXTREMELY rewarding. Yes, what a thing to have done!

It's the little things, every day, that show me I am on the right track toward an immense amount of happiness and raw joy. It's the little things that remind me I am a person, I am appreciated, and that I have a purpose. I sure as hell don't have it all figured out yet, but this last year has been such a personal progression for me, to the point where all my friends have been complimenting me on my growth in everything. I may not take compliments well, or believe most of them, but it's hard to argue with a unanimous group of friends so once again, I am letting go of the reigns, and simply enjoying the ride. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment