Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Starting Over

I've grown and learned so much since I graduated from UW-Whitewater in December 2005. I've made and lost so many friends since then, and honestly felt like I even lost myself. Then I went through a very painful experience 3 years ago, and I couldn't even recognize myself after that. I've only recently come out of that, but was still suffocated by everything else.

I transferred to Madison 3 weeks ago, keeping the same job, with the intent of going back to school soon. I still wonder if I made the right decision, but everything points to 'yes'. I've already met some great people, settled in at work, have a place to stay in the interim, and have an awesome apartment for October where I will finally be able to breathe. My entire life, I've felt suffocated. I don't even know how to breathe anymore, and I don't know how much longer I could have lasted.

Already, there is friendship. Already, there is hope for things to come. Already, there are butterflies. Already, the stress has vanished. I am truly happy, and I only just got here. I can't wait to see what is out here for me, once I finally start living my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment