Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sirens

Verse 1
You're singing sweet melodies:
Like a Siren, you lure me in;
I know I'm on dangerous ground
And I feel like it's such a sin.
I keep moving in closer now
Mesmerized by your voice
I shouldn't tread these waters
But I swear I don't have a choice.

Your beauty reflects on the surface
As I get closer to you yet
Transfixed by your angelic tone
I know I could never rest
Till I'm close enough to touch your face
And take you by the hand,
But her image now reflects the water
And I don't think she'd understand.

Don't worry, I swear I'll turn around
And sail back to my apathy
But tell me, my sweet Siren--
Does she really keep you happy?
I see the smile, and what's underneath--
There's more than you let on,
So choose one or the other, and
Sing your sweet sweet song.

Chorus
Don't tell me why
When you know for sure.
Just say goodbye
If you sing for her.
I'll sail away
As you set me free,
But don't think
You can forget me.

No comments:

Post a Comment