Monday, December 15, 2008

One Way

Would you turn this whole thing around?
Then turn it right back upside down
again; there's only one way this could go
And I know, you know, we already know
There's not enough room for the broken hearts
To dry under the sun until it gets dark.
There's only one way this ever goes;
It's never my way, and I can say everyone knows
That's just my life to live, I can't hold it against
You--already got the best things with no pretense.
I would pull you lower than before, trust me on that:
Keep taking myself down, then everything I want turns bad.
So maybe I was right and she's already got you now,
Or it really is just me fucking it all up somehow.
Wish I could get inside my own head and do the repairs
So I could see myself coming, stop myself, and spare
You from the confusion and all the pain
That seeps from your eyes to mine, and into yours again.
-K.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment