Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Soul Asylum

This weekend I found a bunch of mix CDs that I made many years ago. One of them had "Runaway Train" by Soul Asylum, which is still one of my all-time favorite songs. Every time I listen to it, I think about my life so far, and all the things I could have done differently.

Today I heard Pachelbel Canon on the radio, which is probably my favorite instrumental song, ever. And I imagined my own wedding, and just started crying my eyes out. It's funny how you can want something so badly and at the same time feel repulsed by the thought of physically being a part of a life like that. I know in my heart that I can never get that close to anybody, despite my hopes and dreams. And for some reason, I will never know why. But I can still daydream...

No comments:

Post a Comment