Sunday, August 15, 2010

Brokedown Palace

In recent years, I've taken to a life of solitude and disarray. I've halted the little social life I had, by choice, and have sort of hoped no one would even notice. I've gone through more than I have a heart to go through, and inadvertently shut myself out of "life" because of it.

Though I am still dealing with what I am dealing with, things are finally turning around. I've decided that it is time to step out of this, and to live. My entire life, I can't tell you one time I was really "living," and this quote says it so well:

"How dull it is to pause, to make an end, to rust unburnished, not to shine in use! As though to breathe were life..." -Alfred Lord Tennyson


I know there is more out there for me, even though I sure don't deserve anything. But I know I can do a little bit better than this life I am living now. I am working on it. *fingers crossed*






No comments:

Post a Comment