Friday, November 6, 2009

wonderwall

I finally got my dSLR camera in the mail, but am waiting for the macro lens. I do have the telephoto lens, but I don't want to haul that around when I first play with the camera. The camera is quite intimidating, since it's a "professional" camera and much bigger than a normal SLR body. Still need a tripod and the macro lens, and then I will have so much fun :)


I know it's crazy, but I'm getting up at 5:30am tomorrow to get out to Saukville just after sunrise to take pictures of trees for my semester project. I also have to collect a bunch of leaves, if I can find any, so I can photograph them in the studio. I got my studio still-life slides back, they turned out amazing! Still have to take 1 more roll, of my bridesmaid dress & shoes, and then 2 rolls of Studio portraits of a girl from class. Then I'm all caught up. I really think I may change my degree to photography... think I'll take View Camera Techniques next semester and that should seal the deal, or not. I feel like I'm finally pretty good at something.


"All of the stars have faded away;
Just try not to worry--
You'll see them someday."
-Oasis

2 comments:

  1. You are living out my dream! :) I would love to learn professional photography and use a "real" camera. You should post some of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I never knew how much fun it was taking "real" pictures! I had only used a point-and-shoot on fully automatic, so I've learned a lot. When class is over, I'm going to get my favorite/best slides scanned onto a CD and into actual prints, and then I can scan and post them. I've taken almost 800 pictures so far!!!

    ReplyDelete